We all know the benefits of yoga, yet we don’t always remember and preform them in our daily lifestyle. That is why I am so fortunate to teach children from a young age why it's so important that they practise yoga as often as they can.
Here are 20 reasons why you should practise yoga with your children;
1. Yoga brings attention to your breathing, which is the single most important thing that you do every day.
2. Yoga is a spiritual practice that allows your mind to soften and your heart to open.
3. Yoga can help you stay connected to yourself, so that you can put your own needs first.
4. Yoga can help you to gain clarity about things you're working through each day.
5. Yoga is a great way to say, "YES!" to yourself and everything that is important to you.
6. Yoga can help you move beyond negative thoughts.
7. Balance poses in yoga invite you to get out of your head and into your body.
8. Yoga gives you healing tools to better cope with stressful events and trauma.
9. Yoga rebalances your body while you gain flexibility with your body at the same time.
10. Yoga can bring your awareness to the tension being held in your body, so that you can let it go.
11. Practising yoga as a family will form a deeper connections together..
12. When you practise yoga daily, your are able to control overwhelming emotions in more positive way.
13. There are lots of different styles and levels of yoga allowing you to find the best 'fit' for you.
14. Doing yoga regularly can help you to discover what makes you really happy.
15. Yoga is a natural medication for your body.
16. Yoga twists can help you feel stronger and better able to cope with life's unexpected turns.
17. Yoga supports you to consciously make better and healthier food choices.
18. Yoga opens you up to new feelings like inspiration, joy and gratitude.
19. Relaxing at the end of a class awakens the healing wisdom that lives within your body.
20. Yoga heals by helping you to reconnect with your inner-knowing, your heart and your dreams.
Image - @venessatrombetta